Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system has shipped to retail stores and is now available for an MSRP of $59.99. Developed by Ubisoft's award-winning Montreal studio, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the follow up to the highly successful and award-winning Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 is the last chance for gamers to rescue Sin City from an escalating terrorist siege, and will impose heart-pounding action from beginning to end. The best are back and this time winner takes all. The highly anticipated sequel to the recipient of numerous awards, including 2006's Best First Person Shooter and Best Online Game (Xbox LIVE®), Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 will push the top-selling franchise to new heights with new gameplay features and groundbreaking co-op and multiplayer modes.
• More Multiplayer – The highly acclaimed multiplayer mode in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas has been upgraded to include 13 new maps with more intense face-offs, two new adversarial modes, more rewards and easier access to matches using the improved and intuitive matchmaking system.
• Unprecedented Customizable Experience – Create your own identity that persists through both the single player and multiplayer modes and progresses along with you online and offline. Reap the benefits of your single player rewards in multiplayer, and vice versa.
• Vastly Improved Co-op Mode – Turn single player mode into co-op mode at any time seamlessly with join in progress. Now a friend can jump your story campaign and assist without any change to the story. The single player maps and storyline were created with co-op in mind, with every map having multiple entry points
• Challenging AI – The AI is more challenging than ever. Now, the terrorists are equipped with thermal vision, night vision and shields – not to mention a multitude of varying tactics – all of which are guaranteed to give you a new playing experience every time you go into battle. As you progress within the game, you'll be able to outsmart your enemies by taking advantage of intelligence opportunities, such as using thermal scan.
• New Weapons and Armor – Take down the terrorists more effectively using 11 new weapons. New camouflage, clothing and gear allow for the ultimate customizations.
• More Vegas – Sin City is back and bigger than before. Explore all-new Vegas hot spots and gritty back streets, creating a visual experience that is as challenging as it is breathtaking.